To be recognized globally as a premier department in the field of Information Science and Engineering for transforming life through technical excellence with a focus on sustainable research and innovation to meet the ever-growing needs of the society.
The Department of Information Science and Engineering is committed to:
- Outstanding Education: Excellence in education, grounded in sustainable learning practices, critical thinking, professional ethics, leadership qualities and lifelong learning.
- Research and Innovation: Transform professionals into technically competent to meet the ever-growing needs of the society through research and innovation ecosystem to solve real-world problems.
- Impactful on Society: Preparing graduates of the future alongside the workforce to contribute to the society and transform the Department of Information Science and Engineering as a leader.
From the HOD's Desk:
Welcome to the new way of learning in the Department of Information Science and Engineering (ISE) at DSCE, Bengaluru!
The Department of ISE at DSCE is strongly committed to impart innovative and quality technical education with high standards at undergraduate, postgraduate, and research level. The faculty and supporting staff of the department is committed to prepare our students by providing the expertise and proficiency in Information Science and Engineering and its related fields needed to thrive in our modern society.
Dr. Udaya Kumar Reddy K R
Vice Principal and Head
Department of Information Science and Engineering.
Phone : +91-80-42161725
Program Specific Outcomes
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- PSO1: Apply mathematical and analytical knowledge to solve complex problems through computer programming skills.
- PSO2: Solve real-world engineering problems in information science engineering by applying the principles in Software Engineering, Network Engineering, Data Engineering and Machine Intelligence.
- PSO3: Apply technical skills and research skills acquired through professional societies, certification programs, projects, internships and laboratory exercises to solve problems that provide sustainable solutions related to the society and the environment.
Program Education Objectives
Within a few years after graduation, graduates of Information Science and Engineering will be able to:
- PEO1: Apply appropriate theory, practices, and tools to the specification, design, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of computing and information science in the workplace or in the advanced studies.
- PEO2: Function effectively as competent professionals, entrepreneurs or researchers in the workplace, or maintain employment through lifelong learning such as professional conferences, certificate programs or other professional educational activities, ethics, and societal awareness.
- PEO3: Adapt, contribute and innovate new technologies in their computing profession by working in teams to design, implement, and/or maintain in the key domains of Information Science Engineering.